Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

October Macs

I am thankful for my trip to the apple orchard last week.  There were 3 blessings about the trip.  The first was beautiful, sunny, yet cool, weather - the kind of autumn weather that you imagine when you think of September and October.  The second blessing was that we found an orchard that was $10 a bushel cheaper than the one we have gone to 2 other times.  The third blessing was MACS!  We arrived at the orchard and a worker asked if he could help us.  I asked what apple would most closely resemble my favorite Mac.  He pointed out the door and said "Those 2 rows right there ARE Hampshire Macs!"  They were definitely thin, but we easily picked 1 bushel and have been enjoying Snacking and baking rather than just baking.  I count it as a "token of good" from the good hand of our God.

ALSO ...
               A shout out to my Dad ...
                         HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment