Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Everyday Blessings

Do you tend to overlook the simple blessings of each day?  Maybe I am the only one.  Today I am thankful for so many things. 

I am thankful for a full freezer and pantry.  Dad and mom recently visited with a whole ice chest full of REAL corn, they also brought some squash (I am saving that for next Thursday), some apples, and some juice.  I mentioned yesterday that 4 pumpkins had yielded 18 cans of pumpkin which are also in the freezer.

I am also thankful for this sunny day and the ability to dry my laundry outside.  There is nothing like the smell of clothes dried outside and I like the smaller electric bill.  Speaking of electric bills, I was thankful to see the years smallest bill last month (no a/c, no heat, and little dryer).

I am thankful for the color on the Bradford pear trees this time of year.  They are simply gorgeous in the rising and setting sun.  (I just need to remember to be thankful as they start to dump their leaves and the raking begins)

Psalm 68:19
Blessed be the Lord,
who daily loadeth us with benefits,
even the God of our salvation.  Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment