Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Another Reason to Praise

Hubby and I just started working on memorizing Psalm 138 together (I think he is hoping I will be a little faster on this than I am at the book of Colossians).  Verse 2 says,

"I will worship toward thy holy temple,
and praise thy name
for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth:..."

The Lord is loving, kind, and true regardless of my situation.  I love to think of the thanksgiving hymn entitled "Thanks to God for my Redeemer."  The hymn mentions thanks for sunshine AND rain, thanks for roses AND thorns, thanks for prayers answered AND those denied, thanks for joy AND sorrow.  He is always good.  I have not arrived at this act of unceasing praise and thanksgiving, in fact, it has been a hard two weeks to be thankful for rain and for prayers so far denied, but it is good to have these reminders of psalms and hymns that point to God for His help and strength.  His way is perfect.

It is grey and rainy today.  It will be a good day to get another 2 pumpkins cooked up, pureed, and put in the freezer.  I did up about 7 pies worth yesterday!  After last year's shortage, I didn't wait until after Oct. 31.  The Lord provided some marked down pumpkins on Oct. 30 and I grabbed 4 then!  Also working on Children's Christmas program and a crochet project.  Time is just flying by.

No comments:

Post a Comment