Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

...endureth all things.

The second to last trait of love as given in I Corinthians 13 is endurance.  Love bears up under suffering, under stress, under difficulties.  Love sticks with the stuff.  It reminds me of Song of Solomon 8:7, "Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it; ... ."  During the days of deployments and the announcements of numerous broken military families, we held tight to the fortitude of Christian love - the love that endures.  No marriage is without trying times - finances, separations, extended family, differences that must be reconciled, but love will endure the trails and struggles with patience.

There are now 18 pies worth of pumpkin in the freezer.  I still have one small pumpkin to bake and puree and hubby is eagerly awaiting some seasoned pumpkin seeds for a snack.  Now that the sun is out, I can bake some bread (I need the warmth of the sun to help it rise) and I think that I will make some apple crisp today as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment