Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Accountability

Today I am thankful for my Sunday School class of five pre-teen and teen girls.  While not what I would have deemed my "calling" or gift, the uniqueness of this age has been a gift.  It took awhile to realize that my influence could extend past the walls of the classroom with this age.  Not only did they need a challenge from the Word each week, but a challenge to be more Christ-like throughout the week.  Who doesn't need that challenge?  Unfortunately, I have found it hard to find adult accountability partners.  I am not sure if we become embarassed as we age ... Perhaps we are scared that someone will discover that we are not a "Super-Christian."  BUT ... these girls are not afraid to put my feet to the fire and accept it from me as well.  What a joy to be approached on a Wednesday night and asked, "How are your devotions going this week?  Have you done them every day?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment