Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Clutter Breeds Clutter

It is one of those strange scientific laws that is easily seen in a home.  Cleanliness breeds cleanliness and clutter breeds clutter.  Unfortunately the clutter has been winning in the little trailer here.  Typically, I do a really good cleaning before the Christmas decorations come out.  Not so this year.  In all the fun of decorating, the clutter was growing.  The part that I don't like about decorating is finding a spot for all the displaced things in the house.  Some just go back in the totes that the decorations came out of ... but some things are needful around the house.  I have spent some of the past two days fixing the clutter problem ... oh does that feel good.  A place for everything and everything in its place!

I think our personal and spiritual lives are the same way.  Bad eating choices breed more bad eating choices.  Good fitness choices breed other good choices.  A poor use of the tongue breeds more ill speech.  Good Bible study habits breed better study habits.

Psalm 51:10
Create in me a clean heart, O God;
and renew a right spirit within me.

Just as it feels good to walk around and work in a tidy, clean house, so it is a blessing to make right decisions and to walk with the Lord.  May I not let the "clutter" of life overcome my daily walk with the Lord.

1 comment: