Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Gifts of Love

It is an unseasonably warm day today. 
Beautiful sunny skies after a few days of drippy, drizzly, pouring ... mess.
Surely not looking a lot like Christmas here.
Despite the weather, I am preparing for a Christmas Eve service
here at the Bickish mansion tomorrow night.

I survived the girlie party yesterday.  It usually takes them awhile to warm up ... but they sure did!  Poor hubby was home and had to listen to all of the giggling and friendly competition during the games.  He was also a great help ... while I was finishing up the games, he was washing all of my baking and dinner dishes :)  What a sweetheart.

My girlies brought some sweet, well-thought out gifts which showed that they had thought about me.  One student had asked me weeks ago about my favorite animal and made me a poster with pictures of otters all over it and included some fun facts as well.  Some students had noticed my love of apples (as seen in my kitchen decor) on a previous visit and brought gifts according to that love.  Each student was quick to tell me that the gifts were not expensive, but the value to me was great because it showed their love and interest in ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment