Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Itching to Cook

We celebrated Memorial Day yesterday in a fairly traditional manner.  Although hubby worked a normal day, we had a traditional dinner - grilled hot dogs, baked beans.  I even bought gluten-free hot dog buns.  I wanted to see if the bread in the store was as bad as my attempts at gluten-free baking.  The buns were VERY good (Rudi's brand).  Because they were good, I am now inspired to keep trying my hand at gluten-free baking.  To add to the excitement, what should arrive in the mail today but another gluten-free cookbook!  Hooray!  Thank a bunch to my PAL in NY!  My folks also got me a cookbook for my birthday so I am armed and dangerous.

I have been encouraged by so many people who have rallied behind us in our gluten free efforts.  It certainly is not an easy endeavor,  but we have had nothing but encouraging comments and support as we seek to help our bodies function as they should.  I have been amazed by the number of people who have truly sought to understand this limited diet and to help us to do it more economically.

No comments:

Post a Comment