Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Seasonal Meals

One of the many reasons that I love spring and summer is for the fresh food on the table.  Right from the garden  and onto my table.  Right now we are enjoying the garden peas and fresh greens.  YUMMY!  One of my go-to recipes is an old family recipe.  It is budget friendly and delicious.  Unfortunately it does not come with any measurements.  Sorry!

Pea and Potato Soup

Potatoes
Shelled Peas
Water
Half and Half (or milk)
Butter

Put diced potatoes in soup pot with just enough water to cook.
Cook potatoes for about 7 minutes and then add peas.
Cook for about 8 minutes more.
Add half and half or milk to cooking water along with a pat of butter.
Season generously with salt and pepper.

This is great served with homemade bread spread with butter.
I am still looking for a cool, dry day to experiment with another gluten free bread recipe.
Until then, I will just enjoy my soup without a side of bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment