Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Graduation Day!

Well, the day 3 years in the making is finally here.  Actually we did not expect to be here today, but the Lord had other plans and in the end we were both glad that he did.

Hubby graduated tonight with highest honors.  It was a thrill for me to see him graduate.  I was glad to have some friends here to celebrate with us.  I am also glad that those who could not be here in person could share our joy by watching live streaming if they wanted to. 


We were both surprised when they announced hubby's name for an award.  Why surprised?  I thought it was well-deserved, but our time at the school was short and our interaction with the faculty and students was primarily limited to the classroom setting.  The award was a leather bound Greek New Testament (oh is that the best gift ever for my hubby) and was given "in recognition of outstanding Christian character and scholastic achievement."  I am pleased that hubby maintained a good testimony to the end and that he finished strong.  Some days it would have been easy to throw aside the rules, to just take the demerits, but God's grace kept us in the right path.  Praise the Lord.

Of course, we could not end the day without a treat ...
... and so, off to DQ we went! 
YUMMY! 
I just love reasons to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment