Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Gift of Time

It is always nice when you receive a little extra time in your day or week.  It is not that you get any more time than anyone else, just time that you thought was going to be spent in other ways.  The temptation with that is to squander the time rather than using it profitably.  Haven't you experienced it too?  When the baby takes an extra long nap ... when the company leaves earlier than expected or arrives later than planned ... when the shopping trip goes more smoothly than ever ... when hubby offers to pick up dinner on the way home ...

I really did not expect to be blogging this morning or getting anything done at home.  I had arranged the week so that I could run a friend to Charlotte for a doctor's appointment this morning and into the afternoon.  But ... the chiropractor was sick and the appointment cancelled.  With a freshly cleaned house (I did that yesterday)  - what to do with an empty day?  Don't worry, I will find something.  There is laundry and hubby would be surprised if I loaded his MP3 player so that he could use it at work.  He had told me that he would work on it Saturday, but he sure would enjoy some godly music at work tomorrow.  Maybe I will even do a little Hebrew study - I have gotten out of practice.  The day lies before me and I must make the most of it.

My goal today ... to save the day.  Sounds like a super hero, right?  Hubby related to me yesterday that he had "saved the day" at work yesterday by quickly diagnosing a problem.  When he asked me about my day, I said, "well, I didn't save the day, but ..."  Always the encourager, he said, "You saved my day, the house is clean and my dinner is ready to set on the table."  So, I am going to seek to "save the day" again by being a help to hubby.  TTFN 

No comments:

Post a Comment