Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Cookies, Candles, Coffee, and Chats

Enjoyed a beautiful evening last night with hubby. 
I made a batch of peanut butter cookies with a new recipe from my SIL. 
We lit a "meadow blossoms" candle. 
We enjoyed a small pot of coffee with half-n-half
(which we only had on hand from making a batch of pea and potato soup). 
And then we just enjoyed a pleasant chat on the porch before bedtime. 

Here is the easy flourless cookie recipe.

1 egg
1 c Peanut butter
3/4 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup of some add-in (I used mini chocolate chips in half of the dough)

blend first 4 ingredients, then mix in the "add-in"

Drop in balls on cookie sheet.
Bake at 350* for 8-10 minutes.
Makes 2 dozen small cookies.

Question:
If you did not eat or like chocolate,
what would you add to a peanut butter cookie?


2 comments:

  1. That's a mighty big if, but raisins go nicely with peanut butter, maybe some peanuts or other nut for a nice twist, peanut butter chips, and if I didn't like chocolate maybe I would like coconut and pit that in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In our home I heard these two possibilities raisins, or butterscotch chips.

    ReplyDelete