Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

Avocado = Delicious

I really cannot express the fun that I am having with my weekly E-meals plans.
It has to be the best $30 that I have EVER spent.
Cooking is fun again and even hubby is enjoying the adventure of new recipes.
I love that the recipes usually take only 25-30 minutes to prepare.

Saturday I was encouraged to try a new salad dressing.
I guess that I would call it Greek Avocado Dressing or Guacamole Dressing.
Hubby said that I was not to let that recipe slip through the cracks.
He really wants to see it again.
We enjoyed it on plain red leaf lettuce with a little Mexican blend cheese.
It mixes up THICK and hubby plans to use the leftovers with some tortilla chips :)

Greek Avocado Dressing

1 large avocado, peeled and cube
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 c plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp hot sauce
1/4 olive oil
2 cloves garlic
3/4 tsp salt

Blend in blender until smooth.
Serve as desired.


Weekly meal plan:
Sunday - Tuscan Sausage and Peppers
Monday - Greek Sausage Frittata
Tuesday - Citrus Salmon with Capers
Wednesday - Lentil Soup with French Bread
Thursday - Greek Seasoned Pork
Friday - BBQ Stuffed Potatoes
Saturday - Tuscan Beans over Rice

2 comments:

  1. We had some avocados recently--YUM! I love their color, curious peel, and smooth texture.
    -SMH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them just plain cut up on a taco salad, but this was a wonderfully creamy dressing which is often lacking in g-f dressings.

      Delete