Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Something for Everyone

I broke out an "old" recipe this morning.
It is not actually that old, but I have not used it in awhile.
I found it when we first went gluten-free and I was tired of fried or plain scrambled eggs.
It is a great recipe, because it can meet the tastes of everyone - 
unless, of course, you do not like eggs.
I am not exactly sure how they got the nickname "egg buddies" but I am sure it was on a "silly" morning.

My plate usually has 2 muffins,
but there was only one leftover to take a picture of :)
Egg Muffins (or Egg Buddies)

12 eggs
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
(optional add-on items: anything that you would put in an omelet)
(cheese, bacon, ham, sausage, peppers, onions, potatoes, mushrooms ...)

Grease muffin tins.
Put add-ons in cups.  (This is where everyone makes their favorites.)
This morning we had red bell pepper, ham and cheese.
Blend eggs, powder, and seasonings.
Pour egg mix in muffin tins over extra items.
I put about one egg per cup.
I half my recipe to use only 6 eggs, therefore - 6 muffins.

Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.

Faster than an egg casserole and easy to customize.


This weeks menu plan:
Sunday: Deer Tenderloin and mashed potatoes
Monday: Leftover Tuscan Beans
Tuesday: Italian Pasta Salad
Wednesday: Beef Stuffed Peppers
Thursday: Taco Soup
Friday: South of the Border Potatoes
Saturday: Thai Cabbage Bowls

No comments:

Post a Comment