Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Avocados Again :)

I don't know how long it will take me to realize it,
but ...
you can't judge a book by its cover
and
I can't judge a recipe by its ingredients.
(OK - sometimes you can, but sometimes my judgement is not spot on)

Last week's e-meals provided a recipe for Steamed Asparagus Salad.
I loved all the ingredients in it,
I bought all of the ingredients,
and at the last minute, I waffled.

In the end, my curiosity won out and the recipe was Awesome!

Steamed Asparagus Salad

1 lb asparagus
1 c grape tomatoes, halved
1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
1 c sliced basil leaves
1/4 c olive oil
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Steam asparagus 5-7 minutes.
Place asparagus, tomatoes, avocado, and basil in a large bowl.
Stir in oil, lemon, and mustard.  Season with salt and pepper.


This weeks menu plan:
Sunday: church dinner - chicken pot pie
Monday: Honey Spiced Chicken and Braised Kale
Tuesday: Potato and Sausage Dinner
Wednesday: Cuban Chicken
Thursday: Southwestern Pinto Bean Soup
Friday: Beef Stuffed Peppers
Saturday: Pasta with Squash and Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment