Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Point of View

Proverbs 23:17 
Let not thine heart envy sinners: 
but be thou in the fear of the LORD all the day long.

Have you ever noticed how "when it rains, it pours?"
It seems that I need the reminder to fear the Lord this week.
I have experienced not just a "trickle," but I drenching rain :)

Sunday morning, our church study involved a comparison between Job and Solomon.
Both men had a view of life that was affected by their view of God.
Think of the book of Ecclesiastes - the vanity that Solomon wrote of was a life without the fear of God.

Then on Sunday night, the study in Malachi was a reminder to see God's works of love all around us
and to avoid an ungrateful spirit.

And then this verse jumped out in my Proverbs reading.
A couplet that presents two differing views.
Envy or Fear of the Lord

So where is my focus:
Is it on what others have?
Is it on what I wish I had?
Is it on self?
Is it on others?
Is it on the Lord?
Do I view God properly?

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment