Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Is it a problem for me?

Proverbs 31:24
She maketh fine linen, and selleth it;
and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.

The ever-inspiring, virtuous woman ...
here she is using her skills to bring extra income to her home.
Here is the verse that many folks have thought should cause me some trouble.
Why trouble?
Well, I am a SAHW (stay at home wife) by conviction.
I believe that God would have a wife or mother to have her place in the home.
More than a few people have asked me what I do with the virtuous woman -
- an able business woman.
I concede - she is working and she is great business sense.
But I believe that she is working in her home (remember the candle, the spindle, the distaff) ...
you see, she delivers her products to the merchant.
If she sells it to the merchant - then he is in the public market selling it.

The virtuous woman uses any extra time she has,
along with her well-honed skills,
to bring in some extra income for the family.

How is this seen today?
tutoring in the home,
making goods for craft fairs,
etsy shops,
avon, tupperware, ... (you know the list)
innumerable creative ways.

Yes, I have one of these businesses.
I teach piano lessons.
the catch?
my students (and their parents) know that if hubby needs me,
he comes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment