Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Diligent Oversight

Proverbs 31:27
She looketh well to the ways of her household,
and eateth not the bread of idleness.

We now come to the last trait of this Proverbs 31 woman before we see her rewards.
This virtuous woman is diligent in all areas.
She carefully oversees each member and each activity in her home.
I imagine that she carefully trained each servant and each child in one activity at a time.
Each member knew how to perform their work, their chores, their tasks.
I imagine that she followed this mantra:
"You must inspect what you expect."
You and I know that if I merely give a command, it may or may not be heeded;
but if I follow the command with visual inspection, I can assure it will be completed.
I also imagine that in time it almost appeared that the home ran itself :)

She also oversees her time.
She is not absorbed into useless activities.
She uses each moment wisely.
She did not lose her day to long phone calls, to web searches,  etc.
She was a fan of the BEST, not just the GOOD.

Diligence ...
... hopefully it is the trait that will finish raking the yard,
list some more eBay products,
make a Sunday School worksheet,
and bake a pumpkin pie today.


No comments:

Post a Comment