Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Home Improvements

On this Thankful Thursday, I am thankful as a homemaker.

The first blessing was Monday.
We arrived home from NY to find that a small leak in the kitchen pipes was now a large leak.
This leak had been an issue before we moved in (as evidenced by water stains and a rotted floor)
but we had not seen any further damage until this past month.
When we called the landlord, he was on his way out of town.
He agreed to pay for the parts AND hubby's labor.
Not only am I assured that it is done well,
but it was finished by Monday night rather than days later!

The other blessing was a "gift" from a friend.
Our friend Sam used to live in the trailer below us.
While he lived there, he put beautiful red rocks around the trailer and the trees.
The trailer has been removed, but the beautiful rocks remain.
So, 5 gallon bucket by 5 gallon bucket I am regraveling my driveway!

And ... in the process ... I get real life exercise.
Between the raking and the rock hauling I have found some muscles that I had forgotten.

And speaking of exercise and reasons to be thankful,
my dear hubby just ordered me a "running skirt" on Cyber Monday -
I am eager to receive it!
Check them out at www.dressingforhisglory.com
They were having a 20% off and free shipping sale on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment