Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Supposed To

It is a weekly part of my Sunday School class to have the girls give thanks for SOMETHING!
Typically the answers revolve around a warm shower, a delicious meal,
the sleepover party, friends, pets, transportation, family,
sunshine, rain, air conditioning.
It revolves around things that we like ... things that make us comfortable.

Last night, pastor asked us what we "should" be thankful for.
Of course my first thought was North Carolina.
Then I thought that there were so many things that I forget to be thankful for:
the person who know how to press my buttons,
the spilled flour or dry beans all over the newly cleaned kitchen,
the child who obviously hasn't looked at his music lesson since last week,
empty arms,
a broken car,
unusually large insects,
the overdone (aka burnt) meal,
a few rainy days in a row ...

The Bible says "In everything give thanks."
Easy talking, hard living!


1 comment:

  1. My mother used to quote this to her widow friends after my dad died. "In EVERYTHING give thanks, for this is the will of God concerning YOU." She was saying it to herself as well.

    ReplyDelete