Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Avoidance


I am an avoider
Yes, I avoid the doctor like the plague. 
Perhaps some of it is the cost,
some of it is the invasion of privacy,
and most of it is that many doctors want to medicate for EVERYTHING. 
Since we moved to NC (4 years ago), the only doctor I have seen is the dentist. 
We go to a dental college in Charlotte that offers free cleanings, advice and referrals.
  Yesterday, I returned to the eye doctor after 5 years. 
I was pleasantly surprised to hear that my eyes were improving. 
For that, I am thankful. 
Of course, then I wonder if my nearsightedness will improve and I will soon need reading glasses :)

And now starts the search for a regular doctor. 
It is about time for a well-person checkup. 
I loved the doctor I found in WA and perhaps I can find one just as relaxed and down-to-earth here.

No comments:

Post a Comment