Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Glad for Pioneers


Well, I think I found it ...
while I am still searching for a bread recipe ...
I think I found a roll recipe that I like. 

We were having beef stew at our church fellowship on Sunday. 
What goes better with soup or stew than warm bread?
 ... so I had to try it. 
The first recipe I tried was phenomenal fresh ...
but the next day ...
kind of like a hardened sponge - not even the microwave would help it. 
The second recipe was good, but needed a little tweaking. 
So, I combined the recipe of #2 with the baking style of recipe #1
and had an acceptable roll on Sunday morning. 
I suppose that in time this will all become routine -
I keep learning more and more about this strange activity called gluten free baking
as I read more and more recipes. 

I have found that my most trusted resources have been
Gluten Free on a Shoestring
and the Gluten Free Bible
Both have proven reliable for a good recipe.
I am glad for those who have figured out the ins and outs of gf baking.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment