Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Constant Modification


There are days when I realize that we have lived in NC longer than we have lived anywhere else.  I realize this because everything has a place and we both know where that "place" is.  Sometimes it seems that the house can run itself.  And yet there is always something that needs a little "tweaking."  And so ... we tweak!

The most recent was our exercise schedule.  While it is easy for me to find a time to run, walk, jog, lift weights, jump rope ... hubby was a little disappointed in his ability to find a good option.  4:00 runs were not suiting him, his walks on his lunch break do not get his heart rate up, and since we eat at 5:30 when he walks in the door, evening exercise was hard until 7:30 or 8:00 when it was time to wind down.

After a brainstorm on Sunday afternoon, we decided to postpone dinner and run together at least 3 times a week (Mon, Tues, and Saturday) as soon as hubby got home.  We are still in the trial days, but we have to find something that works for both of us.  Though I can fit exercise in throughout the day, I really enjoy hubby's motivation - he definitely pushes me farther than I push myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment