Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

True Beauty

Proverbs 31:30
Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain:
but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.

Here is the trait that led to the virtuous woman's success in every other area.
The virtuous woman feared the Lord.
I have often heard this preached that she was a Christian.
Indeed, in order to fear the Lord, one must accept Him as Savior,
but I believe that there are many Christian women who do not properly fear the Lord.

The fear of the Lord should and will change every aspect of our lives ...
how we work,
how we care for our bodies,
how we dress,
what we listen to,
how we raise our children,
how we spend our free time,
how we speak,
how we see others,
how we pray,
how we study the Bible ...

I believe that it is easy to deceive ourselves as women.
Fearing the Lord is not just 5 minutes in the morning,
or participating in family devotions,
or serving at church ...
...you get the idea.

My life should be changed if I fear the Lord.
It will make me different from the world and from many Christians.
Solomon knew how rare this woman was -
out of his 1000 wives/concubines I believe he could not find one.
Perhaps that is because we often run on emotions, or on the desire to please others.

Ecclesiastes 7:25,27-28
I applied mine heart to know, and to search, and to seek out wisdom, and the reason of things,
and to know the wickedness of folly, even of foolishness and madness: ...

 Behold, this have I found, saith the preacher, counting one by one, to find out the account:
Which yet my soul seeketh, but I find not: one man among a thousand have I found;
but a woman among all those have I not found.     I truly believe that if I could master the fear of the Lord, the other traits of the virtuous woman would just fall into place. I would be disciplined, healthy, economical, kind, resourceful ...
  The Fear of the Lord    

No comments:

Post a Comment