Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Drawing to a Close

Well, tomorrow starts task of learning to write 2013.
I like the start of a new year.
I like to wonder what it holds and where I will be at this time next year.
 
I hardly expected to be writing this post from NC, but here I sit.
God is not done teaching me here or using me here.
I have now lived in NC longer than any other place I have live in my adult life.
(3 years FL, 4 years NY, 4 years WA, and now entering 5th year in NC)
I hardly expected to be writing using wireless Internet,
yet God supplied in the last week.
I hardly expected to revamp the entire way I shop, cook, bake, eat out,
yet I have entered the world of allergy free cooking.
 
I did set a few goals for last year.
I wanted to run more and even do 3 miles straight.
I wanted to memorize the book of Galatians.
I wanted to work on contentment.
 
I did finish the Couch to 5K program.
My time was reasonable and I improved my stamina and stride.
Unfortunately, I did not really keep it up, but I do run better now when I do run.
Hubby and I changed our schedules so we are running again together
and I will soon be back in form.
I got through 3 1/2 chapters of Galatians and plan to finish it this year.
Some was a lack of diligence on my part,
some was caused by some health struggles that seem to be improving.
I mentioned last week about how the gluten-free diet helped my depression ...
... and it also helped my contentment in the past year. (Praise the LORD!)
 
There is always so much to do and to adapt to be more like Christ and less like the world.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment