Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Flourishing


Psalm 92:13-14 
Those that be planted in the house of the LORD 
shall flourish in the courts of our God.
 They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; 
they shall be fat and flourishing;

I have been meditating on this Psalm for two weeks now.
Immediately, this verse jumped out at me.
It has some significance because verse 13 was cross-stitched for us for our wedding - 
a reminder to rely on God daily.
Combined with verse 14, it sent me to thinking about my future years.
Will I sit wilted and shriveled?
Will I waste my final days?
Will my service dwindle?
I would much rather continue to grow, to flourish.
The key is the root system.
Am I rooted in Christ now and drawing strength from Him?

The meditation continued as our neighbor lost his 3 month battle with cancer on Friday.
A wife and seven children left.
Will they grieve?  Of course.
Will they miss him?  No doubt.
Can they still flourish?
Indeed - if they continue to draw their strenght from Christ.


2 comments: