Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Just a Dumb Sheep


Psalm 95:6-7a
O come, let us worship and bow down: 
let us kneel before the LORD our maker.
 For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, 
and the sheep of his hand.


I greatly enjoy my walks this time of year.
When I have time to walk by the local sheep farm, I enjoy looking at the babies - lambs and goats.
The babies are just so precious.
Their little cries are also so sweet.

But beyond appearance is the stupidity of the sheep.
They need the shepherd.
They need "George" - the sheep dog.
They need the donkeys to keep away the predators.

And God likens me to a sheep.
How can I lift myself up in pride?
I NEED HIM!
My position needs to be humble submission, and bowing to His will and His commands.


No comments:

Post a Comment