Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

An Easy Way to Make Him Smile

It is easy to get into a recipe rut ... 
and even easier when you are trying to limit sugar ...
I was making dinner for some friends this week,
when I decided to bake - or not bake as the case may be.
The dessert of choice - No Bake Cookies.
I know that I haven't made them since switching to gluten-free eating last year around this time.
But I had some gluten free oats in the house and friends to share them with so ...

Half a batch for my friends,  
and half for my hubby.

I am thankful that it pleased hubby immensely.
Not so great for the healthy eating,
but it sure did make for lots of smiles.

I am also thankful for such an easy recipe.

Maybe this week it will be "O'Henry Bars" 
(a peanut butter rice krispie treat with chocolate coating) - 
those I can make without chocolate and enjoy as well.
I know that I could have left the cocoa out of the no bakes,
but not as many folks appreciate them that way.




No comments:

Post a Comment