Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Weekend in Review

It has been a tiring month.
Church burdens and job stress have been wearing on us.

It was time for a break.

With spring break last week,
many of the church members were out of town,
so our Friday night ministry was cancelled ...
Saturday morning visitation was cancelled ...
I had no piano lessons on Friday morning ... 
and hubby took Friday OFF!

We enjoyed a productive day Friday.
Preparations for Sunday.
A tough new workout.
I planted in the garden.
Hubby cleaned the car.
Hubby joined me on my weekly shopping trip.

Saturday,
we again prepared for Sunday responsibilities,
worked out though not as vigorously ...
then hubby took me to Spartanbug, SC.

Frozen yogurt at Costco,
a walk around Hobby Lobby,
Chick-fil-A for supper, 
and a trip to the teacher store for more bulletin board borders and ideas for church.

Here is my purchase from Hobby Lobby.


Hubby helped me with it on Saturday night.
Basically, it is a large rub-on transfer.
I was a little annoyed at the trim strip on the wall, but overall - I just LOVE it!
It replaces a pretty grapevine swag - which was also a huge DUST CATCHER.
I like this a lot better. 
It is a great reminder to rest in God and not to base my decisions on what I see,
or what could possibly happen,
or on the reactions and responses of others.

On Thursday, I thought I would share a picture of the buds on the Bradford pear trees today.
But, alas, we had such beautiful weather this weekend 
that the buds turned  to blossoms by Saturday.


It is a drizzly today so the picture is what it is.
They are simply beautiful against a brilliant blue sky.

2 comments:

  1. Did not know Hobby Lobby Sold those verse rub-ons. I was considering something like that for my office at church. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also check out Amazon for more options. H.L. is great because they offer weekly 40% off coupons. About $15 for a room face lift.

      Delete