Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Shouldn't It Be Obvious?

All that I have seen teaches me to trust God 
for all I have not seen.  

To look at nature is to see a great, powerful, creative, loving God.
The birds and flowers don't worry,
why should I?

God gave me a great example of this in the past month.
I have mentioned that I receive many gently used clothes
from my pastor's wife's mother.
She is a great Goodwill shopper.
Top quality, named brand clothes ...
It is fun to have "Goodwill" brought right to my door.

I recently noticed that one or two of my jean skirts were getting thin. 
I knew my pastor's wife was going to see her mom soon.
I prayed that her mom might want to get rid of some jean skirts.
Selfish?  Maybe?
But God heard.
When my pastor's wife returned,
she did not bring bags upon bags of clothes,
but she did bring 2 pairs of shoes and 4 jean skirts!
Not just "ok" skirts - but 2 skirts I really liked and that fit nicely.

I am learning to ask and depend on God's provision
before trying to solve problems on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment