Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Easier Chicken Pot Pie

I am helping with a luncheon for the older folks in our church tomorrow.
Though it does not need to be gluten free,
it would be helpful if hubby and I can eat the leftovers.

I made scalloped potatoes with ham - 
and easy swap of wheat based flour for gluten free flour.

I also decided to make a turkey pot pie.
Crust is a real hassle though.
Until I found this cobbler topping.


Gluten-free Cobbler Topping
2 c gluten free flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 c milk

Easy to stir up.
Pour over pie filling.
Bake 45-60 minutes.

Haven't tried it yet, but it sure looks good to me!

** It has now been tried ... and it was very good.
Unfortunately, I only had Bob's Red Mill flour which has a bean taste,
in my opinion, but next time I will make it with my own flour blend. **




No comments:

Post a Comment