Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Turned Out Well

Well, I had a great aspirations for the church potluck.
It is always a new adventure to come up with g-f foods for a crowd.
We also try to meet the needs of others ...
dairy free, nothing out of a can, diabetic friendly ...

I did get the meatloaf cupcakes made.
Hubby suggested that I put them in wrappers,
which did help with the presentation.
He even got excited and iced them for me!

 I made a quinoa "pasta" salad.
The fresh dill and lemon juice were really tasty.

I also made some spicy peanut noodles.
I served them cold, but they were better warmed the next day.

Just simple fudge cookies for dessert,
and a white bean cake.

I don't think that I have posted the white bean cake recipe.
It is easy - and has fairly basic ingredients (if you have yummy coconut oil)

White Bean Cake

1 1/2 c white beans (cooked)
4 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
1/2 c + 1 Tbsp honey
3 eggs
1 T vanilla
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda

Blend all ingredients in blender.
Pour into greased 9" pan.
Bake 350* 35-40 min.
Ice with your choice of frosting or cool whip
or leave plain and top with strawberries.

2 comments:

  1. I need to try this recipe, thanks for sharing. I didn't have the room to try the cake, but everyone said it was good. Now I only need to remember to use a blender and not a mixer :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blender, not mixer - definitley crucial. I like easy and fast. It helps to make this one early so that any bean flavor disappears.

      Delete