Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Routine Again

It is good to be back to routine again.
Waking on a schedule.
Tending to my home.
Having all the "tools of my trade" around me.

We decided to get right back into things and hosted a get-together on Sunday.
The school that many of our students attend does not serve a Sunday afternoon meal,
so we invited them over for the afternoon.
We typically have 4 students.
We had 3 more visiting.
And I had forgotten a family of 6 who are students at another school.
So we ended up with 1 baby, 3 children, and 11 adults.

I was using my faithful meal.
Italian Pork in the crockpot
Mashed potatoes
Carrots
Green Beans
Rolls
and
Raspberry Jello Salad

I learned the jello recipe at a church in NY.
It is easy - and a step above plain jello.

Raspberry Jello Salad

2 - 3 oz pkg jello (I like to use 1 raspberry and 1 cranberry)
1 1/2 c boiling water
1 c applesauce
1 pkg frozen raspberries

Dissolve jello in boiling water.
Add applesauce and frozen raspberries.
Stir
Cool/Pour into mold or bowl.

For 3 pkg of jello - add addition 1 c boiling water and 1 c apple sauce.

This weeks menu:
Mon. - Dijon Lemon Roasted Salmon
Tues. - Sausage/Corn Bisque
Wed. - Chicken Piccata
Thurs. - Turkey Chili
Fri. - Maple Dijon Pork

No comments:

Post a Comment