Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

High Praise

Perhaps you have felt it - 
the pride of a job well done.
Perhaps it is the biggest complaint of stay-at-home wives and mothers.
They miss the praise that the work force provided.

I married a gem and he is not afraid to praise my efforts.
I know that my work in the home is appreciated and that makes the job easier.

This weekend we enjoyed a special treat.
We were given a gift card to try some new gluten free food at an online mall.
(Oh, Thanks again for the opportunity - you know who you are)
When the box of goodies arrived,
hubby spied the ciabatta rolls.
"What are those for?"
he innocently asked.
I replied that I did not know,
but they just sounded good.

Hubby quickly suggested that I make one of my childhood favorites ...
Roast Beef Au Jus.
As a teenager, this was a favorite Sunday night favorite.
Roast beef,
rolls,
and a pack of Au Jus gravy mix.

But how would I make it gluten free?

I did not realize how easy it would be.
Just a quick google search and voila!

Au Jus Gravy

3 c water
4 tsp beef bouillon 
1 tsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
(the bouillon and the soy sauce must be g-f)

It was that easy!

So where was the highest praise?

Hubby quickly recommended that instead of a weekly trip to Chick-fil-A,
we have a weekly meal of Roast Beef Au Jus.
We did the math and even with the high cost of the gluten free rolls,
it is cheaper than a trip to chick-fil-a,
it is more filling than 8 grilled nuggets, and 
I do not have the temptation of the soda.

This weeks menu plan:
Monday: soup and sandwich
Tuesday: Fried Rice
Wednesday: Chicken Alfredo
Thursday: Taco Salad
Friday: Deli Style Sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment