Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Word of the Year: Righteous Consistency

Proverbs 21:3 
To do justice and judgment is more acceptable to the LORD 
than sacrifice.

Yearly, I have been picking a thought, a word, to direct me, to challenge me.

In 2012, it was contentment.
Would I accept God's plan as best,
regardless of my own plans and desires?

In 2013, it was dependence.
Would I leave my life completely in God's hands?
Would I refrain from trying to "move" God's hands?

Yes, the thoughts were similar ...
I am a tough nut to crack sometimes.

This year, I desire to be steady, consistent, trustworthy ... 
Righteous Consistency.

I want to challenge others by my words, thoughts, and actions.
I want to be faithful in my tasks.
I want to do right.

In many places, the Bible reminds us that God wants obedience - 
more than activity,
more than outward show.

I want that kind of obedience!

No comments:

Post a Comment