Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

Slip it in Anywhere

It looks like we will have a little Indian Summer for a couple of days.
It sure has been pleasant to have some cool days.
Of course, I have been relishing the open windows,
no a/c, and no heat!

I am enjoying the NY Macintosh apples that show up in our stores.
I eat them all day, but hubby can only have them cooked.
I like apple crisp and apple pie alot, but ...

I recently tried two recipes that added apple.
The first was Italian Sausage sauteed with peppers, onions, and APPLES!
What a pleasant surprise and I am glad that I tried it.
The second was baked sweet potatoes and apples -  YUMMY!
It reminded me of Thanksgiving and may show up on our Thanksgiving table this year.

Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apples

3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
2 apples sliced
3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp dried rosemary

Preheat Oven to 425*
Combine all ingredients on baking sheet rubbed with oil.
 Bake 25-30 minutes, turning once, until browned and sweet potatoes are tender.



This week's menu:
Sunday: Italian Pork Sandwiches (College Students Over)
Monday: Oven Fried Chicken with Marinara over Spaghetti Squash "noodles"
Tuesday: Italian Chicken Sausage Risotto
Wednesday:  Smoky Sloppy Joe Roll-ups
Thursday: Pecan Crusted Tilapia 
Friday:  Bacon-Apple Turkey Meatloaf
 Saturday: Spanish Rice (?) - more college students over

No comments:

Post a Comment