Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

Permission Granted

It has been over a week since I last posted.
I was living life.
I was resting.
I gave myself permission to cut some things ...
not permanently, but for a break.
So, I took a break from blogging.
I took a break from exercise.

I tried new recipes.
I finished editing hubby's first book.
I edited again when I found some setup issues.
I started researching cover designs.
(BTW:  If any of my readers happen to be a graphic designer
or a photoshop pro and want to design a book cover ... let me know)  :)

Sometimes you just need to grant permission to relax.

But, now I am back.
I woke with hubby this morning,
T-tapped, made breakfast, packed a lunch,
got a gift ready for one of our college kiddos celebrating a birthday,
got wash in the machine,
did an "indoor" run,
and am now ready for some Monday cleaning.

Today also includes making some grain free granola
and trying a new cookie recipe - something with ginger and molasses.
I made the granola last week and it was a hit.

Grain-Free Granola

1 c raw almonds
1 c raw cashews
1/4 c raw pepitas/pumpkin seeds
1/4 c raw sunflower seeds
1/2 c unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 c coconut oil
1/2 c honey
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp seal salt
1 c dried fruit

Preheat oven to 275*.
Blend first 5 ingredients in blender or food processor to break into smaller chunks.
(I used pecans instead of cashews and doubled the sunflower seeds because I did not have pumpkin seeds.)
Mix melted oil, honey and vanilla.  Coat dry ingredients in large bowl.
Spread on baking sheet.  Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned stirring once or twice.
Remove from eat and add fruit and sprinkle with sea salt, pressing the mixture together to form a flat surface,
Cool for about 20 minutes.  Break into chunks and enjoy.



This weeks meal plan:

Sunday: Cubed Steak with mushrooms
Monday: Cajun style Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Tuesday:  Bacon Meatloaf
Wednesday: Cajun Stuffed Peppers
Thursday: Lemon-Italian Herb Chicken
Friday: Baked Coconut-curry Chicken Breasts
Saturday: Ground Turkey Chili

No comments:

Post a Comment