Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

Loving Autumn

Just feeling invigorated by the fall weather ...
... and the smaller electric bill.

I enjoy my weekly house cleaning with the windows open.
I love the apple candles burning.
I love the leaves littering the yard.
I enjoy baking without worrying about heating the house.

Despite the cooler temps,
we are still enjoying salads as well.
We have been trying to avoid High Fructose Corn Syrup,
so I have been making salad dressing.
Hubby quickly got tired of Vinaigrettes,
so I searched further ...
found a winner here.

Avocado Caesar Salad Dressing

1 ripe avocado
5 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
3/4 c water
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast (add the "cheesy" taste)

Combine all ingredients in blender.  Blend until smooth.


This Week's Menu Plan:
Sunday: Church Dinner - Mongolian Beef
Monday: Leftovers
Tuesday: Baked Coconut-Curry Chicken Breasts
Wednesday:Skillet Pork Chops with Greek Mushroom Sauce
Thursday: Chili
Friday: Italian Chicken Sausage with Apples and Onion
Saturday: Caribbean Jerk Burgers

No comments:

Post a Comment