Pages

Monday, September 21, 2015

Three and Four

On Friday, I visited our local discount grocery.
They had cases of blueberries and blackberries.
Score!
I love any and all fruits and bought a case of each.

Now, what to do with them.

It was church supper weekend,
so I went in search of a dessert.

I found one that looked promising.

I made one on Saturday afternoon.
Hubby wanted some for dessert Saturday night.
I made another on Saturday night for church Sunday.
I just finished making another two for our evening treats on the porch.
It's hard to feel bad about it ... it is sweetened only with the fruit and dates :)


Blueberry and Blackberry Crumble

2 c fresh blueberries
2 c fresh blackberries
2-3 Tbsp lemon juice
1 c almond flour
1/4 c chopped walnuts (I used pecans)
4 pitted dried dates
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 c coconut oil, melted
1/4 c sliced almonds

Preheat oven to 350*
Place berries in 9x9 baking pan and pour juice over.
Combine almond flour, dates, walnuts, cinnamon and salt in food processor.
Add in coconut oil and process on high for 5-10 sec or until thoroughly combined.
Pour topping into a bowl and mix in the almonds.
Sprinkle topping over the perries and lightly pres into the fruit with spoon.
Bake 30-40 minutes, until browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment