Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Skills

Today I am thankful for the dads in my life.
I am thankful for the skills that my dad gave me,
the work ethic he tried to instill,
the experiences he provided,
the exposure to LOTS of things.

I am thankful for hubby's dad.
Again, the skills he taught,
the work ethic he instilled,
the experiences,
the exposure.

More and more often,
I run into people without basic skills.
Basic home maintenance, basic auto knowledge, an awareness of tools and how to use them.
They were not given the teaching in these areas
and have not taken the initiative to learn on their own ...
and they are in a sense "crippled."

I am thankful for the skills I have learned
and for those who have sought to hone those skills,
for those who have been willing to teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment