Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

I No Longer Live in Oregon

 Another tale for my younger readers who love to see that I am just a real-life human and make plenty of mistakes.

It is said that 
"Those who do not learn from history
are destined to repeat it."

And so ... I guess I did not learn from history.

In June of 2019, we moved across the country.
Right away, we needed a bed and a lawnmower.
Quick as a wink - I ordered a bed and a mower from Amazon.
How exciting that they would be delivered in just a few days!
At least it was exciting - until I realized that they were being delivered to NC!

It all worked out - 
I caught one delivery and turned it around.
And some friends rescued the other delivery and got it returned.

I partially learned my lesson.
When we moved, I changed my Amazon address right away.
... and then I proceeded to order from Ebay ...
... without changing an address.

And so I go through the process again.
I ordered a work bag for hubby
and the next day it was out for delivery ... in Oregon!
A dear neighbor rescued my package and helped to return it.
And a new order is placed.

Maybe I will completely learn from history this time.

On an odd note:
Just last week, we noticed 2 vehicles with Oregon plates in our parking lot.
When we arrived home from church on Sunday,
we saw the family leaving their Oregon car and introduced ourselves.
Not only were they from Oregon,
but they were also from ALBANY, Oregon.
Small World!

No comments:

Post a Comment