Pages

Friday, April 15, 2022

When the Routine is Lost

 Within the last two years, I read the book Atomic Habits.
This week, I have been thinking about how habits and routines can be linked to locations.
Every time I move, it takes awhile to get back into daily habits and routines.
Being out of routine is tiring.

New space,
New schedules,
Just new everything.

It has only been 2 weeks,
But I certainly look forward to when the day to day becomes more normal again.

There are some things that always get done ...
... Bible reading,
Exercise,
Baking snacks for hubby's lunches,
Tidy/clean as necessary in a small space,
Laundry,
But the days should be more productive and will be soon.

We are looking forward to a full weekend.
We are having Easter dinner with a church family tomorrow.
Sunrise service, breakfast, Sunday School, and morning services on Sunday.
And ... Then a restful Sunday afternoon.

Praise the Lord for the Resurrection!
As I have written to people struggling with sickness,
People who have lost loved ones recently,
People with family trials,
I have hoped to encourage them with God's might and victory over death.
And it encourages me too.
God has power over the unfamiliar.
God has power over new schedules.
God has power over uncertainties.

No comments:

Post a Comment