Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2022

Refreshed

 Though moving is hard,
there are definite times of refreshing.
There are times when God gives those breaks,
 the encouragement you need to press on.

I am thankful for those breaks.

There are only 2 partial boxes left to unpack
and just one chair and the table to finish assembling.
There are still some tweaks and organizing to do,
but things are mostly usable.

I survived my first shopping in a new town.
I wandered quite a bit not knowing where everything was in different stores
and I reacclimated to Aldi after 3 years away.
I was glad for sister stores Fred Meyer and Kroger so that I at least knew some brands and products to expect.
Of course, some brands changed back to what we used in NC.
I hit 3 stores and probably drove no more than 3 miles ...
that's refreshing too.

I am thankful for the refreshing of God's people last night.
Our drive to church has multiplied by 2 taking 40-50 minutes now,
but we were challenged by the message
and welcomed warmly.
There were no cringey or "did we make a mistake?" moments.
The drive was worth it!
It is odd to be in the pew for the whole service for awhile,
but even that is part of the rest that God gives.

On this thankful Thursday,
I am also glad that the sun is back out today.
I am thankful for God's provisions
not everyone has to wonder where to put their things
or contemplate what to throw out.
I am thankful to finally be feeling more like myself
now that we are settling back into some type of routine.
I am thankful for the temporary b housing God provided
and the progress being made on our home.



No comments:

Post a Comment