Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Crunch and Munch

Some churches have "fellowships", some have "SNACs" (Sunday Night After Church), our church has a "Crunch and Munch" periodically.  We had one on Sunday because our friend Sam was home before heading to the Ukraine for a little over a month.  While I love the fellowship, I hate coming up with what to make and this week it was compounded be an inability to make it to a store.  We had just been apple picking (we found Ruby Jons instead of Macs - still very good), so I made some apple raspberry streusel bars using the fresh apples and raspberry jam.  For the "healthier" contribution, I made some Cheese 'n Ham Spirals.  I must have found the recipe in a Kraft magazine.  I think I would tweak the cheese next time, but I was pleased with the outcome (and hubby must have enjoyed them because I had to limit hubby's consumption before the Crunch and Munch so that I would still have something to take.)

Ham and Cheese Spirals

1 egg
1 sheet from frozen puff pastry (1/2 of 17 1/4 oz pack) thawed
1/4 c Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp ground pepper
8 slices ham lunch meat

  • Beat egg and 1 T water; set aside
  • Unfold pastry on lightly floured surface.  Roll into 14 x 10 " rectangle, Cut in 1/2 lengthwise.  Brush with egg mix.
  • Sprinkle 3 T cheese and pepper over 1 pastry; cover with ham slices.  Place remaining pastry egg side down over ham.  Roll gently with rolling pin.  Brush with additional egg mixture.
  • Roll to make 14" log.  Cut into 24 slices.  Place on parchment covered bake sheet.  Brush with egg mix.  Sprinkle with 1 T cheese.
  • Bake at 400* for 12-14 min.

1 comment:

  1. We have S.N.A.C.K.s Sunday Night After Church Kononia (so we get both names in there. We always have difficulty limiting ourselves. This month was Fantastic Fruit and Garden Goodies themed. We brought Spaghetti with homemade sauce, tossed salad, carrot cake, and cucumber salad. I think we could have fed everyone with the quantity we brought, but there was lots of other fruity things as well.

    ReplyDelete