Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Girl Party Today

Titus 2:3-5
The aged women likewise,
that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness,
not false accusers, not given to much wine,
teachers of good things;
That they may teach the young women to be sober,
to love their husbands, to love their children,
To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good,
obedient to their own husbands,
that the word of God be not blasphemed.

Did you have a "teacher" or mentor growing up who was an outside support to your parents and your church?  I did.  In fact, she will read this blog post.  While we have not really spent long times together since 1993 when I graduated from high school, she still prays for me and sends the most fun encouragements my way.  While teens and preteens are not the group that I would classify as my "niche,"  God has given me many opportunities to work in this area since arriving in NC.  The preschool ministry which would be my favorite group to work with has always had plenty of workers.  Chris and I took the teen ministry about 9 months into our time here.  Recently the class has become a class of girls, so I now work it alone.  I am thankful for an organized way to fulfill the command in Titus 2.  The girls learned Romans 12:9-22 with the church during the past months and their reward is a party ... and the day is TODAY!  While hubby is hard at work this afternoon, we will bake and decorate cupcakes, make pizza, craft, do nails, and play games.  There will also be a time of devotions where we will continue to focus on being a Titus 2 and a Proverbs 31 girl.  I was thrilled when I asked the group about what they would like to do at their party and they responded with "home-y" type answers such as crafts, sewing, baking.  I have not hosted a party in awhile, but I know this party won't be near as hard as my former preschool parties :) 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun, Sandra!
    Hope it all went well.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it presumptous to say thank you?

    ReplyDelete