Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Top 10 Countdown of Thanks




I am thankful for 10 students
with which to share my love of music -
who can choose to serve in their local church -
now and in the future.

I am thankful for 9 trees that line our rental property.
This is the first time that we have had any land -
ground to garden, yard work, leaves to rake, space for picnics.

I am thankful for 8 (or 8.6) miles to church.
This is the closest we have ever lived to our church
and we have been so blessed and challenged
this year at Manna.

I am thankful for 7 tools needed to start a garden.
I loved container gardening in Washington,
but it was so much fun to plant a "real" garden this year
and to reap the harvest.

I am thankful for 6 semesters instead of 8.
The school granted hubby 22 transfer credits
which will shorten his time in school.

I am thankful for 5 speeds on our little Focus.
Our car was a miracle and blessing when
God gave it to us 5 years ago and
it continues to meet our needs.

I am thankful for 4 strings on the violin.
After years of desiring to play a stringed instrument
and 2 years looking at one in my home,
I finally have a teacher and am learning to play!

I am thankful for 3 people in the trailer next door.
It has been such a blessing to have friends close by.

I am thankful that 2 are better than 1.
I am thankful for a godly husband
who leads our home,
who encourages me to be the best wife I can be,
who sympathizes with my struggles.

I am thankful for 1 mighty, faithful God
who knows the plans that He has for me.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I Thessalonians 5:16, 18
Rejoice evermore.
In every thing give thanks:
for this is the will of God
in Christ Jesus concerning you.

2 comments:

  1. this left me with a smile of joy. :)
    i'll have to think of this for a while.

    ReplyDelete