Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Psalm 5

Give ear to my words, O LORD,
consider my meditation.
Hearken unto the voice of my cry,
my King, and my God:
for unto thee will I pray.
My voice shalt thou hear in the morning,
O LORD; in the morning
will I direct my prayer unto thee,
and will look up.
... But let all those
that put their trust in thee rejoice:
let them ever shout for joy,
because thou defendest them:
let them also that love thy name
be joyful in thee.
For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous;
with favour wilt thou compass him
as with a shield.

There are times when all we can do is cry and look up. 
                   What a comfort! 
We can rejoice because the Lord defends us. 
                   My life is in His hand. 
If I but live righteously before Him, His favor will rest upon me. 
                   Fret not, but leave it in His hands.

1 comment: