Pages

Friday, November 27, 2009

The Day After

It has been a busy week here as I am sure that it has been in your home.  I love holidays - the gathering with friends and family - the rememberance of God's goodness.  I feel I never get enough of thanking on Thanksgiving.  I am trying to think of some ways to have even more focus on the Provider next year and not just the provision.  Do you have a great tradition that leaves you focused on the Lord?  If so, let me know!

I am thankful for another beautiful day here.  It is cool again, but the sun and the wind have made the clothes dry so quickly outside today - 3 loads done today!  I also enoyed a walk home in the crisp air after my lessons.  Tomorrow I hope to get a LOT of raking done along with the house cleaning.  The kitchen is especially in need of some attention.

I am 5 minutes away from a loaf of bread and the Turkey just found his spot in the oven.  Since we didn't have our meal at home yesterday, I am making a small Thanksgiving meal today so that we can have some leftovers (besides sweet breads and desserts).  I love turkey sandwiches and so does hubby. 

Tonight we are heading to the Messiah as performed at the college here.  We missed it last year, but it is a pleasant tradition that we enjoy continuing since our 3 performances out in Seattle by the Seattle Symphony.  My violin teacher informed me that a school south of here is also performing it this year in the middle of December - maybe I will get to hear it twice this year.  There is nothing like that majestic music and the words of the Prophecy and Fulfillment of Scripture all fused together to praise the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.  My favorite song is "Worthy is the Lamb" - WOW!  BTW - we wore out our last CD collection of Handel's Messiah - if any of my readers can recommend a great version - leave me a comment - if not, we'll just make a stab in the dark or try the version that we last owned.

Have a great weekend!  Enjoy your time in Church - I know that I will.

1 comment:

  1. oh, i love listening to the Messiah. i'll have to get out my recording. . .no performances here in dillon. :)

    ReplyDelete