Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

Much Accomplished

Welcome to all of Olivia's facebook friends.  This blog simply began as another way of communicating with my husband while he was deployed in the Navy last year.  It was not so much about wives and women then, but about my daily activities and struggles and concerns.  It has also become a way that my family keeps up on me.  The key purpose of the blog is to teach me to organize my thoughts and to be able to communicate clearly with others as God allows.  I am greatly burdened for the state of America's homes and believe that much of it stems from an improper and degraded view of the role of the wife in the home.  Families also struggle because we just don't know how to keep things simple - everything seems so important.

It is the end of a busy week, but I feel good about it.  It was so stormy this week, that I accomplished much in the house.  All of the areas that we "live" in within the trailer have been deep cleaned.  Light fixtures, blinds, switch plates, refrigerator, washing machine.  There are 3 rooms that are basically storage areas that will await another stormy week.  I hope to be outside next week doing some weeding and planting some flower bulbs for next spring (if hubby gets a break to build a flower box for me).

Today is lesson day.  I teach 2 and then take my violin lesson.  I began the 2nd lesson book this week and hopefully I can fly through that.  It is definitely more fun to play as the songs get more advanced.  I am enjoying picking out a new hymn each week to play.  This afternoon I am going to make some soup and bread to take to a family that Chris met on visitation.  Tonight is Seedline with the opportunity to put together Bibles for South Africa.  Tomorrow is cleaning day and then we are going to entertain here at the trailer in the evening. 

It is good to see the sun today and to feel it warming the trailer already this morning. I am thankful for the rain to keep things green and to keep my veggies growing, but there is nothing like the sun to lift my spirits.

I began to read Created to be His Helpmeet again last night.  I have read it before, but am taking more time this time through to do a companion Bible study.  I already have so much to share on Wednesday about chapter 1.  Think about this until then.  You are a gift to your husband.  Does that not make you feel special?  What about your role?  Well that is spelled out as well and is uniquely suited to you!

Have a great weekend! 
          Enjoy your time in God's House! 
                    I will be back on Monday!  See ya then.

No comments:

Post a Comment