Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Perspective

Psalm 100:4-5
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving,
and into his courts with praise:
be thankful unto him,
and bless his name.
For the Lord is good:
his mercy is everlasting:
and his truth endureth to all generations.



I think that this will be a two part blog for "Tune Tuesday" along with "Womens work Wednesday."  Our perspective greatly effects our responses and our actions.  The Bible gives us so many reasons to give thanks - simply in who our God is.  Yet, here I often sit - complaining about a slightly used trailer, a puttering lawn mower, the fact that I need to be disciplined in my shopping trips.  If I turn this around and think about those who are homeless, my trailer doesn't look so bad.  If I think about the years in an apartment when there was no lawn to mow, I can enjoy fighting with the lawn mower.  When I look at my full cupboards, do I really need more at the store?  Perspective.

The Lord is good, his mercy is everlasting, his truth endureth to all generations.  God knows me.  He has proven himself so many times.  Why do I complain?  Why am I not content?

Try a different perspective today. 
How about God's perspective?

1 comment: